Thursday, November 24, 2011

Four-Letter Words



Four-Letter Words are usually associated with swear words, things that are offensive, or the "filthy" words that are bleeped out of sitcoms, talk shows, and daytime television.  Have you ever stopped to think about the other four-letter words that could be a positive influence on you and change your life?  




Here are a few that crossed my I either found in my research or that crossed my mind:


  • Best - I want to be my best - the highest quality of me I can be.

  • Burn - Burn the calories and burn the old self image of someone who is not there anymore.
  • Care - Make any decisions to make any changes in your life from a place of love, sincerity, and good intentions.
  • Core - The very center of my being and existence. The place where my morals are permanently engraved and where my deepest secrets hide. 
  • Dare - I am a creature of habit and I had to dare to change. I had to embrace it and not be scared of the unknown, which if you know anything about me, you know that is very difficult for me. 
  • Deep - The place where the want/need for change came from for me. I had to really make a solid decision to make a difference for myself.  I toyed with the idea of having the surgery for a long time, but once I made a sincere decision to make the change, it was a done deal. 
  • Drop - Drop your weight and your bad attitude.  Make a conscious effort to not drop any of the people who supported when you were heavy and your true friends in the process. Don't get "too big for your britches" as my grandmother would say, which is ironic that I'm adding that in here because my britches are getting smaller every day. The change draws a lot of attention, especially from maybe people to whom you were invisible before. Don't forget to nurture the relationships with the people who saw who you were the whole time.
  • Fear - What scares you? What scares me?  Going backwards
  • Free - Free to make your own choices.
  • Gift - The incredible gift of life.
  • Girl - Just a girl trying to fit in and to find myself.
  • Give - I am finding out how generous and giving the people are around me. Don't forget to return the gift and forward the kindness to someone else who needs it.
  • Glad - Glad that I have the opportunities that I have been given
  • Goal - Where do I want to be in the future? Hopefully happy and healthy.
  • Good - There is a saying that "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels," but I have changed it, "Nothing tastes so good as being healthy feels"
  • Grin - Its all over me!
  • Grow - Learning more about me and what my purpose in life is.
  • Heal - My heart heals a little each day and it starts from within.
  • Help - Get help, give help. Remember that hands extend both ways, they give and they take.
  • Home - Anywhere my family is.
  • Hope - I have a new found hope in my new life.
  • Hurt - I was in constant pain before surgery. I still hurt, but nothing like before.
  • Joys - I am finding new joy that I have never experienced before. Things I once dreaded, I now look forward to. 
  • Jump - Easier now
  • Kids - Still up in the air
  • Kind - I strive to be the kind of person I'd like to be. Its an effort each day.
  • Know - I know I made the best choice for myself.
  • Lady - My mom. 
  • Life - Teaching me a lot
  • Live - Living is a day at a time.
  • Lost - Still trying to feel my way out of this dark place.
  • Luck - Need more than luck to get me through. 
  • More - Always wanting to learn something new.
  • Move - Move more to feel the freedom in your soul
  • Nice - If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all. - Thumper
  • Pain - Being without the person you love.
  • Pest - Sampson Houston Butler (aka Sammie)
  • Play - Whenever possible
  • Pray - Make an effort daily to reach out and touch your maker and feed your soul daily.
  • Pure - Purest intentions, purest heart, purest love
  • Rain - Nature's Tears (Healing).
  • Real - Truths. Many truths.
  • Safe - A secure place to be, both emotionally and physically. 
  • Sale - I'm a sucker for clearance. Even crap I'll never use and don't need. I am learning more about myself everyday. 
  • Sand - Something I'd love to feel between my toes someday soon. I told my husband when I was 200 lb down, that I wanted to be taken to the beach.  I'm at 194, so he better start packing!
  • Save - Saved myself
  • Sore - Daily battle :-)
  • Tear - Tear - as in rip, hurts like hell. Tear as in crying, is nature's way of healing.
  • Thin - Not as important as being healthy
  • Tool - RNY LGB is just a tool. Success is determined by the lifestyle changes you make.
  • True - More obvious to me now than ever
  • Walk - Easier now that my body is changing
  • Want - Different from need
  • Warm - Have been freezing my chi chi's off since weight has started to drop! Anyone else have that problem?
  • Wise - Something I hope to be one day. I thinking making this decision to change my life was a wise choice.

1 comment:

Get free stuff on Listia!

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com
Check out my listings!!
more free stuff on Listia

Translate me!

Stay sweet! :-)