Sunday, April 10, 2011

Getting Ready..

So Wednesday, I had an appointment with my Rheumatologist.  He was so excited about my decision to do the RNY.  I have lots of questions, concerns, and worries about the whole ordeal but I talked to him about the things that dealt with my direct rheumatoid issues, which was management of my fibro medication.  Some of it, I cannot come off of abruptly; if I did, I would put myself at risk for seizures and for my body to go into a chemical-type shock.  He told me the only thing he would allow me to come off of (at this point) is the NSAID's, which RNY patients cannot take under any circumstance (which I thoroughly expected). 


I sat down and counted a few days ago and as of right now (preop) including my vitamins, I take roughly 29 pills per day: 
  • 10 in the morning
  • 5 vitamins (4 every day, 1 is once a week - all taken in the morning in addition to the 10 morning pills)
  • 4 in the evening
  • 10 at night.
Not included are my PRN drugs, inhalers, and psoriasis creams. 

On Thursday of this week, I have an appointment with my PCP and I'll let you know how things go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get free stuff on Listia!

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com
Check out my listings!!
more free stuff on Listia

Translate me!

Stay sweet! :-)