Monday, June 6, 2011

10 Day Sickie Challenge - Day Two

 
Nine products that have helped me with my journey.
 

1.  Baby wipes - I don't have any children so I never knew how versatile they could be.  To freshen up after a long day, to keep that "clean feeling" while PMS'ing, and to soothe your toosh on those days where you have constant diarrhea from dumping.  My daddy always said "thats the time when you pat instead of wipe" - he would've LOVED baby wipes!
2.  Protein plus shampoo - made by a local guy here in my area. His company is called "The Hair Company" out of Soddy Daisy, TN and the protein plus shampoo is medicated with Urea and is the only thing that helps me with my psoriasis on my scalp. I have to wash it twice everytime I shampoo, but its the only thing that gets my hair perfectly clean and strips the scaley crap from my scalp every time.
3.  Shower Caps - for the days when I'm hurting too bad to wash my hair.  I can protect it from the moisture of the shower and keep the natural curl from frizzing.

4.  King size heating pad - Even though I have had weight loss surgery, I am still a "big" girl. The "king size" allows me to use one heating pad instead of two or three and also helps the muscle/joint pain that comes with my size and my condition. 

5.  Blistex Mint Lip Balm or Burts Bee's Lip Balm - Either one puts all other chapstick to shame.  Being dehydrated from not being able to get my intake effects my lips more than I thought it would.  It also helps your lips not to dry out as bad if you sleep with a CPAP like I do. I put one of the two lip balms on every night.

6.  Hand-held shower head - Mine is actually a dual setup. I have the rain shower head and then a separate add-on hand-held portion that has all of the different settings (gentle, firm, massage). I can focus the hot water right where it hurts. My house is equipped with both a tub in one bathroom and a shower in the other.  The shower is a walk-in that is open and oversized, which is great for me being plus-sized.  Since we've lived in the house, I've never been able to take a bath because I couldn't get out of the tub. Sometimes in a flare up, the one thing that will help with nothing else will is a hot shower, and the addition of the hand-held with adjustable massage options just makes it that much better. 

7.  Remote-Controlled Oscillating Tower Fan - I am spoiled and I am a big girl and I get ill when I get hot and having fibro, I get sick when overheated. For some reason, since being diagnosed with FMS, when I get nauseous, about the only thing that helps is cold air in my face. So A/C with an oscillating tower fan are a must for my boudoir. The cool air circulating around me just makes me rest so much better. Having a remote control makes it so much easier to adjust for my temperature changes when feverish/breaking a fever, etc.

8.  Baby Powder - After I shower and dry off, I dust a little baby powder pretty much from my neck down. It keeps me feeling fresh and if I sweat, it helps me to not be self-conscious that I smell funky. 

9.  Anti-pull harness for walking my dogs - It helps me control my bigger dog when walking and the device itself automatically puts gentle pressure on her shoulders when she pulls too hard.  She mainly pulls because she gets too excited about getting to venture out to a new territory.  Having three dogs, it makes it almost possible for me to walk at least two by myself. On days when your muscles are aching and you need to get your excercise anyway and want some quality time with your pooch and he/she needs their exercise too, it can lend an "extra hand" and can eliminate some of the possible strain on your muscles/joints.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Get free stuff on Listia!

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com
Check out my listings!!
more free stuff on Listia

Translate me!

Stay sweet! :-)